This role is now filled – please do not apply
Job Title: Part time/full-time Scheduler
Salary: £ 11.08 per hour
Responsible To: Transport Manager/Fleet Manager
No. of Hours: 35 per week
(to be worked between 8.30-16.30)
1. To operate the Bustler Booking Line in a sympathetic, helpful and effective manner and to assist members with their booking requests.
2. To schedule all passenger services including Group Hire, making maximum use of staff resources and a computerised system, assisting in arrangements for volunteer/paid drivers as appropriate.
3. Making best use of our scheduling system (CATSS) in carrying out the above duties and ensuring that all records are accurately maintained.
4. Handle on-going enquiries from customers regarding their bookings.
5. To advise customer and drivers of fares.
6. To communicate with drivers using a two way radio.
7. To assist Transport Manager/Fleet Manager as directed.
8. To carry out any other duties which may reasonably be requested by Management.
Requirements of the Post holder:
1. An understanding of the needs of elderly and disabled people.
2. Computer skills – able to use Office applications and modern computer systems.
3. A methodical approach to work.
4. A knowledge of Woking and surrounding Boroughs.
5. The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
6. A desire to be part of a team of people who wish to promote the service and achieve excellence for the users.
7. A cheerful disposition.
8. Resident in or near to Woking.
Full training given.
This is a job description only and is intended to be a guide to the duties required of the post holder. As circumstances arise these duties may be amended in consultation with the post holder to meet the changing needs of the organisation.